Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Concurrent Restores of MPX tapes

2000-08-01 07:33:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Concurrent Restores of MPX tapes
From: George Roper backup_user AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:33:32 GMT
I know we touched on this subject earlier this year and Curtis explained
that concurrent MPX Restores could only be achieved from the command line
not the xbp GUI but I'd like to extend the question:-

For Databases it is normal behaviour to configure the Backup for multiple
streams directed to Storage Units with multiple drives with or without
Multiplexing set.

  o Is the Restore of a Database under these circumstances always
    slower than the backup or can like times be expected?

  o Is the answer true for all Database NBU supported products or does
    one Database offer more functionality than another eg Oracle v
    Informix?

  o Is it possible to Restore the Database using multiple concurrent
    streams?
     * How?

Thanks,

George