Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with StorageTek L700

2000-07-24 15:09:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with StorageTek L700
From: Edward W. Carr ecarr AT uswest DOT com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:09:05 -0700
I am having problems with my StorageTek L700 w/ 9840 Ultra SCSI and Fibre
Channel drives.

Setup:
I am running a e4500 Solaris 2.6, running Veritas NetBackup 3.2 GA

6 Drives: directly attached SCSI drives 0 &1 and Fibre drives 2,3,4,5.
Fibre drives are connected by way of a brocade fibre switch.

Problem:
While running a backup tapes will become "stuck" in the drives.   By this I
mean that when one tape completes the tape is removed from the drive and
another is put in and then xbpmon tells me that the tape is mounting in the
drive but that is it.  It never writes any data to the tape it just sits
there and tells me that it is mounting.  I can cancel the job but then I
have to go the l700 and manually remove the tape from the drive.

Is my driver string correct?  What else could be my problem?

TIA
Ted Carr

Here is my st.conf
#
# Copyright (c) 1995, by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
# All rights reserved.
#
#
#pragma ident   "@(#)st.conf    1.21    98/03/25 SMI"
#
# This file contains configuration entries for both officially supported
# devices of Sun Microsystems and many 3rd party devices.
#
tape-config-list=

        "STK     9840", "STK 9840 Fast Access", "CLASS_9840";

CLASS_9840 = 1,0x36,0,0x1d639,2,0x00,0x42,1;

name="st" class="scsi" target=0  lun=0;
name="st" class="scsi" target=1  lun=0;
name="st" class="scsi" target=2  lun=0;
name="st" class="scsi" target=3  lun=0;