Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas SSO

2000-07-18 16:05:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas SSO
From: Dave Little dave.little AT veritas DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:05:29 -0500
Actually I believe there is a different price for SAN media server as
opposed to
a regular media server.  A SAN media server is a system that is backing
itself
up over a SAN using SSO but is not backing up remote clients.  I would
assume
most of these media servers would fall in that class.  Some of the problems
with configuring regular media servers that also backed up clients using SSO

have been addressed in NetBackup 3.4 where you don't have to have as many
classes that all use a specific (their) storage unit.  A parameter has been
added
that says USE LOCAL DRIVES.  In this case if a backup of a client starts and
the
client is also a SAN media server it would use it's own SAN connected
drives.

Dave