Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Search Problems at support site

2000-07-18 10:04:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Search Problems at support site
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:04:13 -0500 (CDT)
I found that same thing yesterday searching for OTM.  I
had to use DOGPILE search engine to find the info I was
looking for on Veritas' site.

Quoting Scott Tinsley <tinsley AT theALLIEDgroup DOT com>:

> I am posting these questions for 2 reasons.
>
> 1) To find out if there is some secret to performing
searches at the
> Veritas Support site.
>
> 2) To hopefully get some more exposure of the
problems with the support
> site within Veritas to cause them to improve the
search capability.

> I often try and get info from the Veritas support
site. I try searches but
> I am surprised at the number of times that my search
comes up dry. For
> instance, Veritas released IDR (Instant Diasaster
Recovery) for NT as part
> of a patch. When I search FTP files for IDR, I get no
hits. Anybody else
> having these types of problems when searching?
> I have seen other postings that seem to be relating
the same types of
> search problems.
>
> > .......  On the Veritas web site, I performed
> > searches in the KnowledgeBase database using
keyword searches like
> > 'Exchange', 'Exchange Restore'...but I did not get
anything in return.

> I am also frustrated by the fact that I have a
generic Netbackup question
> but I am forced to select one of the O/S specific
categories of NB (NT vs
> UNIX vs Business) Why not allow a generic search that
hits all forms of
> Netbackup?
>
> And how about being able to search for information on
extensions?

> Anyway, just blowing off steam that hopefully will
result in better Veritas
> support.
>
> Thanks for posting your response. Hopefully Veritas
will get the word.

David A. Chapa                847 413 1144 p
Director of Technology        847 413 1168 f
DataStaff, Inc.               http://www.datastaff.com
nbu-lserv AT datastaff DOT com       majordomo AT datastaff DOT com