Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Java client on NT can't connect to Unix NB?

2000-06-28 10:39:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Java client on NT can't connect to Unix NB?
From: Tim_Lindgren AT enron DOT net Tim_Lindgren AT enron DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:39:21 -0500
2 issues-

Issue 1:
I wonder if this has been seen before...
I have NB3.2 on Solaris,(w/ latest patch) and I would like give the NT admins
rights to manage NB via the NT gui or NT Java Gui.

When I try to connect with Java, I get an error "NB-Java Server Not Available.
Maximum connections exceeded".  The NT Gui, (non-java) just hangs and I have to
kill it manually.

The Unix X-apps works great, and the Unix Java runs OK but brings me to issue 2!

Issue 2:
The Unix Java client sometimes has problems connecting to the media server
(separate machine). I get "Invalid Host" about 90% of the time.  It seems when I
bring up xvmadm on the media server directly, the Java client can connect. How
does that corrolate?  All the required daemons are running.

TIA,
Tim