Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question about bp.conf

2000-06-27 11:40:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question about bp.conf
From: Bazinet, Steve Steve.Bazinet AT scb DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:40:49 -0700
In the bp.conf file on a UNIX client, what does the CLIENT = effect?

When we do alt restores we need to change the client name.  Last night I
forgot to change the bp.conf back to its original client name, but when the
scheduler ran the backup says it happened for boxa, but the CLIENT in the
bp.conf says boxb.

When the client name is changed in the bp.conf and I run a manual backup
from the client it shows up in the bpmon as boxb, where as the automated
backups shows up as boxa.

Can anyone shed some light?

Steve Bazinet
SCB Enterprise Solutions