Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup for multiple Lotus Partitions/Instances

2000-06-26 15:51:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup for multiple Lotus Partitions/Instances
From: Scott Tinsley tinsley AT theALLIEDgroup DOT com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:51:04 -0400
--------------176249F0AD096E414ED140BB

We are running multiple Lotus Notes R5 instances, or partitions ( to use Notes
terminology) on Solaris 2.7. Each partition, or instance, has its own notes.ini
file, data area and transaction log area. These 6 partitions are clustered via
Notes clustering to 6 other partitions on a separate host.

We are attempting to install the Netbackup for Lotus Notes/Unix to backup these
6 instances. The instructions are pretty straight forward for a single
instance, or server, on a single host. They do not, however, cover the
situation where more than one Notes server, or partition, is running on one
host. Particularly, I am trying to figure out how to set the NB variable
LOTUS_NOTES_PATH in bp.conf. The first component of this variable is the
directory name where the Notes data resides. Since we are running 6 partitions,
we have 6 different Notes data areas. There seems to be no allowance for this
sort of valid Notes configuration in the NB client config. Does anyone have any
experience with this sort of config? Were you able to successfully back up
multiple Notes partitions? If so, what special steps or customizations allowed
you to perform the backups and restore?

Thanks,

Scott Tinsley

"David A. Chapa" wrote:

> netbackup 3.2?
>
> I'm not as familiar with the Auspex and the NDMP
> configs, but what I would suggest is using
>
> robtest
>
> this passes all of the -r pathname -d1 devices without
> having to type them all out evertime to tldtest.  Just
> in case there is an error in your device pathname.
>
> -david
>
> Quoting Rasana Atreya <rasana_atreya AT hotmail DOT com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a brand new NS2000 (Auspex). The OS on it's
> host processor is
> > Solaris 2.6. The Netbackup master on which the NDMP
> option is also
> > installed
> > is Ultra 10/Solaris 2.5.1, NB version 3.2.
> >
> > On the Auspex I have a 2/68 ATL with 2 DLT 7000
> drives with these paths:
> > Robotic controller: /dev/raxac/fsp0c6t0
> > Tape drive 1    : /dev/raxmt/fsp0c6t1
> > Tape drive 2    : /dev/raxmt/fsp0c7t1
> >
> > On the NB master, this is what I did :
> /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/set_ndmp_attr
> > -auth auspex_name root
> /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/set_ndmp_attr -robot
> > auspex_name fsp0c6t0 6 0 0
> >
> > When I try to test it from the NB master:
> > tldtest -r auspex_name:fsp0c6t0 -d1
> auspex_name:fsp0c6t1
> >
> > Opening auspex_name:fsp0c6t0
> > ndmp_scsi_set_target_func failed
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? I tried this with the full
> device name of the
> > robotic
> > controller too.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rasana

> bu

--------------176249F0AD096E414ED140BB

begin:vcard
n:Tinsley;Scott
tel;pager:800-758-8888 Pin Number 1158965
tel;cell:804-304-1122
tel;fax:804-204-1733
tel;home:804-530-8662
tel;work:804-204-1750  X103
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.thealliedgroup.com
org:The Allied Group;SNS
version:2.1
email;internet:tinsley AT theallidegroup DOT com
title:Senior System Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;2104 West Laburnum Ave.=0D=0ASuite
100;Richmond;VA;23227;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;10544
fn:Scott Tinsley
end:vcard