Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ATL/STK Recommendations?

2000-05-18 14:39:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ATL/STK Recommendations?
From: Andrew Steingruebl steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:39:12 -0500
I'd recommend asking one of the vendors that sells both to give you a
comparison of failure rates/maintenance between them. That was a deciding
point for us, though I think I'm probably legally bound not to say anything.
As far as NB is concerned, they both show up as TLD robots, so there really
isn't any issue there. The StorageTek does allow you to create virtual robots,
so that you can cross-platform share them, but you then have to use ACS to
control them. Still, its a nice feature if you want to use the robot with a
platform that can't be made into a NB client/server.

- Andy Steingruebl