Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Verifying backups to file system

2000-04-27 17:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Verifying backups to file system
From: Dean, James jimmy.dean AT usi DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:42:56 -0400
This might be a dumb question, but is there an automated way of verifying
the contents of a backup to the contents of the file system that was just
backed up or a replication of that file system.

Specifically,  if you are backing up a BCV split from an EMC array and the
BCV for some reason is not synchronized with the original file system.  Is
there a way to verify the backup to the original file system.  I do know
that you can verify the images against the tape, but this doesn't verify the
file system contents.

I know the simple answer is to TEST TEST TEST, but I am looking for an
automated way of either doing a test, or some kind of verification script.

Thanks,
James