Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Available Media

2000-04-26 14:47:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Available Media
From: O'Shea, Don Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:47:41 -0400
Can anybody help with a problem we are having. Our nightly backups are being
written to our emergency tapes even though their are available tapes in the
library. I ran the available_media command and the daily tapes show up as
available. They are in the loaded in the drives and assigned to the proper
pools. When looking through the bprd log files it does not appear that the
tape is even being queried. We use 2 DLT tapes a night and the first tape
selected is the emergency tape and the second then is one of the daily
tapes. Also is there a log file or report I could run that would tell me why
a tape was frozen? Any help I could get would be appreciated.

Don O'Shea
Sr. Operations Analyst
BCE Emergis
Financial Services Division