Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiration Dates

2000-04-11 15:47:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiration Dates
From: Brian_Drager AT vanguard DOT com Brian_Drager AT vanguard DOT com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:47:50 -0400
Does anybody know if this will cause a problem. We get several different request
to backup files/directories and they need to be retained for 2 yrs, 3yrs 7yrs
etc. Basically Veritas NetBackup does not offer enough different retention
levels for us. This is what I been doing and not sure if it will cause any
problems. We set up a specal class and a volume pool to do this. The retention
is set to infinity. Once the backup is completed I look up the backup id and
then use bpexpdate to change the expiration date from infinity to what ever date
I want that image to expire. Even know the class is set for infinity will the
image still expire from these tapes that were setup in the special pool?

Thanks

Brian Drager