Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Restore Speed

2000-03-07 14:35:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Restore Speed
From: dave_edgcumbe AT dofasco DOT ca dave_edgcumbe AT dofasco DOT ca
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:35:57 -0500
We have no difficulty backing up our Exchange clients but we are seeing
extremely poor transfer rates for the restores. Has  anyone else seen
similar issues with the Exchange module?  We can backup 100 GB in 3 hours
(between 30 - 50 GB per hour)  but the restores take over 36 hours (between
3 - 5 GB per hour).  Here are the hardware configurations.

Netbackup Master
*       Solaris 2,6
*       Netbackup 3.1.1

Exchange client
*       - Compq Proliant 5000
*       - 4 x Pentium Pro 200 - 512 K cashe
*       - Netflex3 PC1
*       - 100 m full
*       - 896 mb ram
*       - 2 x Smart array controllers