Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU: NT as master server?

2000-03-03 14:22:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU: NT as master server?
From: Conner, Neil neil AT mbari DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:22:27 -0800
We initially installed NBU on an NT platform during product evaluation, but
soon scrapped it - too much odd behavior that required more time to resolve
than we had available.  We run on Solaris 7 and it is a very stable
platform.  One nice feature with NBU is that you can set up NT boxes as
Admin Only servers for remote administration.

I do all NBU administration remotely from my NT box and it works well.  I
especially like the extended formatting capability of the report generator
on the NT interface.  Restoring files from the NT interface is odd at first,
but intuitive once you get used to it.

Neil