Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIT drive, is there a way to....

2000-02-26 18:27:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIT drive, is there a way to....
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:27:03 -0800
Actually, DLTs should also be cleaned on demand only.  Check your manuals.
That's why I set up all my libraries to auto-clean, and I don't have
NetBackup do anything WRT cleaning.  Unlike other drives, DLTs should not
be cleaned every X hours.  Both DLTs and AITs are self-cleaning to a degree
(AIT much more than DLT), and cleaning them more often than they need
cleaning actually does harm to the drive.