Networker

[Networker] Backup to HSM storage

2013-09-19 10:48:57
Subject: [Networker] Backup to HSM storage
From: fbijma <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 01:49:37 -0700
Hi,

We are planning to implement the following for the backend ( disk storagepool )
 storage of Networker:

We will use a HSM filesystem backend as backup target that will ultimately move
its data to tape leaving a stub file.
The reason is that we want to have one kind of medium for multiple types of
backup software.

So if a restore is started, NetWorker assumes that the data is available
immediately. In this case however it can take
up to 30 seconds before the data has been recalled from tape. NetWorker has to
wait.

Anybody any idea if NetWorker can handle this delay? Is there any parameter
that should be set to make this work?

To make it clear, we will not connect any tapedrives direct to NetWorker. The
filesystem will handle this.

regards Frans.