Networker

[Networker] choosing network for a storage node

2013-08-28 15:52:11
Subject: [Networker] choosing network for a storage node
From: dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:51:09 -0400
Hi,

I'm drawing a blank on how to select which network a client uses for a
storage node. Anyone remember how to do this?

Config:

server ("nsr1") and storage node ("sn1") are on the 10.x network as the
primary network

client is on the 192 network only.

we've set the client to have the networker  server's 192 name ("nsr1_192")
as its server network interface.

we've tried setting the storage node field for the client as sn1_192, but
we are getting "no matching devices" error.

Caveat:

We have some clients on both the 10.x and 192.x and some on the 192.x only.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Gold