Networker

[Networker] Backup order for save sets?

2013-08-23 00:01:35
Subject: [Networker] Backup order for save sets?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:56:46 -0700
I never really paid attention to it. However, IMHO i think there is no fixed
sequence.

Even if you do not use All, NW will build the worklist by running savefs in the
pre-backup phase.
Then the save sets will start in the order they can respond (when they have
finished scanning the save set for backup candidates). This makes sense.

You may split the save sets in several groups. However, if you start them too
closely, it might be that a group that started later would be able to respond
earlier.

The only way to control the sequence seems to be a scripted solution.