Networker

[Networker] NDMP Recover without original Filer

2013-08-05 04:16:22
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Recover without original Filer
From: MPieper <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 01:10:37 -0700
Sooo, i now have another saveset that i have to recover. The system is stll set
up as above:

Old NDMP filer does not exist anymore (physically)
Old filer is still configured as a client in Networker several times (with
different groups, but alle the same ID).
In all configurations of the old filer in the Remote Access field there is *@*

The new filer is set up as storage node. The old filer is not present as a
storage node anymore.
The Library and its tapes are connected to the networker server and the new
filer. Inquire commands show that everything is seen properly by those two. The
library is set up via jbconfig with NDMP paths for both present drives.

The sumflags of the saveset i want to recover show hBN and tBN (it spans two
volumes). Both volumes are present in the library.
The Tapes containing the saveset are in another Pool. Does this matter in any
way?

Now, when i try to restore, it gives again gibes me the same message as in my
first post:
nsrndmp_recover:ssid'<saveset id>': NSR server <servername>: no matching
devices on `server'
nsrndmp_recover:ssid'<saveset id>': waiting 30 seconds then retrying...