Networker

[Networker] Using nsradmin to export the configuration

2013-07-18 09:53:08
Subject: [Networker] Using nsradmin to export the configuration
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 06:53:02 -0700
BTW ...

thinking about your issue i was reminded that i have written a command for a
NW/Windows server that does exactly what you want - it is just exporting the
resource files by merging all files in a single file.
Here is the example for the nsrdb directory - of course you may adopt it for
others as well:

   for /L %a in (0,1,9) do (type E:\nsr\res\nsrdb\0%a\* |find /v ".\0" >>
E:\nsr\res\nsr.res)

Now you can easily make global changes.

Finally,

  - stop all daemons/services
  - rename the nsrdb directory
  - start the NW services

and your file will be splitted into a new nsrdb directory.
Is this magic? - not really. It is just exactly what NW had to do when
converting the nsrdb.res file from NW 6 to NW 7. I just verified that it still
runs with NW 8.

Go ahead an test for yourself - it must not necessarily be the production
server ;-)