Networker

[Networker] NW 8 seems to eject tapes when group finishes

2013-07-12 00:29:36
Subject: [Networker] NW 8 seems to eject tapes when group finishes
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:25:57 -0700
I do not remember that this was an issue when we updateded to NW 8. So i assume
that the 10 minutes were already in place.
However, 0 may have been set by a much older version. And if you just updated
these values should not be changed.

I do not recommend to leave the tape in the drive. As the majority of users
treats the tape - compared to disk - as a much more 'unsafe' media i personally
would not expose it to more stress than necessary. However, once loaded, you
put a load on the tape and to the drive. Consequently, i would prevent that
whenever possible.
IMHO, to wait 10 minutes for a new job using the same tape is o.k. - and btw -
that time is a clear delay with respect to the "end of the group".