Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5

2013-06-28 10:18:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:10:24 -0400
> If your savesets expire on disk, they should be deleted from the
> given volume automatically.
>
> That's normal behavior AFAIK.

So how would I set up the job in NMC, so that the on-disk savesets expire
(and are cleaned up automatically), but the savesets on tape are retained
for (say) 2 months? The client definition doesn't seem to indicate a way
to specify 2 different expirations like that.

We've always done it this way, because that's how EMC told us how to do
it, when they originally set up Networker here all those years ago. And
it's usually not a big deal. Once you set the scheduled task, it all works
automatically, too. I'm willing to try another method that is as hands
off, however.