Networker

[Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5

2013-06-27 15:02:34
Subject: [Networker] AFTD device/nsrstage command with 8.0.1.5
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:58:04 -0400
I knew I would forget something when updating my main server to 8.0.1.5.
:-)

I have 7 storage nodes with AFTD devices. And we use scripts as scheduled
tasks to clean them up. (i.e.,  we do an mminfo to get all on-disk
savesets that have been successfully cloned from a specific node; we
delete them from the db with "nsrmm -d"; then the disk space is reclaimed
with "nsrstage -v -C -V <AFTD device>)".

(these scripts were originally writeen years ago, when we first started
using NW)

Before NW 8, that <AFTD device> was a .RO device, the system generated
mirror device created when the AFTD was created.

So what do I put in my scripts now? Just the <AFD device>? No .RO?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM