Networker

[Networker] Does client 7.4.2 work with a 8.0.1.5 server?

2013-06-27 14:11:18
Subject: [Networker] Does client 7.4.2 work with a 8.0.1.5 server?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:05:12 -0700
Why shouldn't it?

I remember a statement from an EMC rep some years ago. The kernel message was
like "NW will be able to work with any previous client version. This core
functionality is mandatory - AFAIR this will not even be tested."   And i can
understand this behavior as no one would have to keep all necessary environment
just for a compatibility test.

So will it work? - Yes. (BTW - we are running a NW server 8.0.1.4 and still
backup 2 one 7.3.4 client which cannot be updated).
But is this config supported? - Most likely not because it has never been
tested and approved. But who cares?