Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting a NW 8 update enabler

2013-06-24 11:40:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting a NW 8 update enabler
From: Bill Wilkie <billwilkie AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:30:55 +0000
Michael:

When I worked for a company that did Health checks on Networker, I went out
once with someone who was supposed to be a heavyweight and watch him enter
command after command to try to get a picture of the environment. And one of
the most confusing things even back then, was how many licenses they had and
how many were available and for what, so I guess little has changed. I ended up
with a few commands and rolled the output into a spreadsheet. It made it much
easier.

Unfortunately, I live at the NJ shore and my house was wiped with 2 feet of
water and mud, so I lost many of my manuals and the rest, including my
Networker manual, is somewhere in a storage locker, but as I recall there was a
command to see licensing statistics.

Bill