Networker

Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients

2013-06-19 14:54:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:49:01 +0100
Michael

have you tried doing a directed recovery of the new  servers file from the
server to all the clients (before renaming the server) ? ... I don't see why
that shouldn't work. The nsr.dir directives on the clients would be a problem
for the recoveries. They apply to backups only (or do they?).

I haven't tried it myself yet. I'm back from work and the idea just came up.

jee