Networker

Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients

2013-06-17 16:37:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:30:30 -0400
> You don't say anything about how you're doing this, so I have no idea
> what the problem might be.  Perhaps if you show the list of commands you
> tried, someone on the list that knows Windows would be able to help.
That
> person definitely wouldn't be me, though.  :-)
>
> Did you stop the NetWorker client service on the Windows system
> before you tried to update the servers file?  I wouldn't think you would
> need to, but that would certainly be something to try.

I'm not (yet) trying to update the servers file, I am trying to copy the
current one to a new name, as a backup. You don't need to stop the service
to do that (at least, when I do it locally, you don't need to stop the
service to make a copy of the file in the same location).

I've tried everything from doing it programmatically using Powershell, to
doing a standard copy command from the shell. No joy.

Z:\>COPY \\dctrvmw002\C$\"Program Files\Legato\nsr\res\servers"
\\dctrvmw002\C$\"Program Files\Legato\nsr\res\servers.TST"
\\dctrvmw002\C$\Program Files\Legato\nsr\res\servers
Access is denied.
        0 file(s) copied.

If I log onto that particular server's console, I can make as many copies
of that file as I like.