Networker

Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients

2013-06-14 16:42:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:34:26 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Renaming a server; question about clients,...:

I can't imagine I
would need to edit the \nsr\res\servers file on all my clients by hand (or
by writing some script to do it); there must be a better way.

Use a configuration management system to manage all your hosts.  :-)

Anybody know what that better way might be? These are all Windows clients,
BTW ...

I've never used the built-in nsrpush client update functionality because
we use other methods to manager our clients.  However, I imagine you might
be able to use that to get your servers file updated as part of client
package updates.

Note that you don't need to wait until you rename your server to make
these changes.  You could start updating the file now to include both
the new name and the current name.

Tim
edu