Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux RHEL 6.4 client issue

2013-05-31 13:35:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux RHEL 6.4 client issue
From: Joe Eshak <Joe_Eshak AT WATERS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:29:27 -0400
Try disabling selinux on the client and then try kicking off the backup
from NMC. We have Solaris 10 networker server and Rhel 6.4 clients and
backups run without issue.

From:   "Matthew Powell" <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To:     NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU,
Date:   05/31/2013 01:22 PM
Sent by:        "EMC NetWorker discussion" <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT

That is a great suggestion but the server is Solaris 10 so it has been up
for some time. I had the local administrator of the client run a manual
save of a directory that had 300 GB or so so i knew it would take at least
30 mins to finish so I waited for that to start from the client and as
soon as it started pushing files which I could watch through the nsrwatch
window. I started a job from the NMC software in a troubleshooting group
and it bombs out immediately with the RPC error saying it cannot get to
the client even though the client is pushing a save to my server. So I
know for sure there is no block on my end but I am at a loss as to how
this is not working. Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them.

Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu
864-656-0589 (Office)
864-247-2823 (Cell)
Storage Administrator
Clemson Computing and Information Technology

On May 31, 2013, at 12:26 PM, Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT

wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Program not registered sometimes means that the services aren't
>> running on the client.
>
> I believe you also get "Program Not Registered" if you try and accessing

> the server with NMC, before the server has finished starting all
services
> and is accessing the dbs. I know I have to wait a couple minutes after
> rebooting my Windows NW server, before trying to access it with NMC, for

> that reason.

The information in this email is confidential, and is intended solely for the
addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized and therefore prohibited.
If you are
not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.