Networker

Re: [Networker] When does changing a browse/retention policy take effect?

2013-05-13 13:00:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] When does changing a browse/retention policy take effect?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:53:03 -0400
> If your main concern is simply freeing space, an easier option might be
> determine which clients have the largest indexes and then do multiple
> "remove oldest cycle"s on the savesets consuming the most space.

I thought of that, but I need those oldest savesets, because those oldest
savesets that are still browsable are old end-of-month backups, that I
want to remain browsable. (at EOM, I run a script to change
browse/retention times to +7 years in the future). The ones I want to get
rid of are the daily (well, non-EOM) backups that are not EOM, that are
still around, but are still older than our *usual* 2 month browse period.