Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade to 8.x from 7.6.x to new Server with a different Server Name

2013-05-07 10:16:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade to 8.x from 7.6.x to new Server with a different Server Name
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:07:24 -0400
> Has anybody done this, or know of where I can get any oinformation to do
> do this ?

The Networker Procedure Generator, available on Powerlink, will print out
step-by-step directions.

I haven't done this yet, but I will be doing almost this exact same thing,
and soon.

1. Migrate from 32bit to 64bit new hardware (keeping the same server name)
2. Change the server name
3. Upgrade to v8 (including 7 storage nodes).

That is probably your best best for sequence of steps. One aspect at a
time.