Networker

[Networker] Staging: Looks like the wrong save sets have been staged

2013-05-07 09:40:00
Subject: [Networker] Staging: Looks like the wrong save sets have been staged
From: tammclaughlin <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 06:32:39 -0700
I think I understand you now.

On the one filesystem, I have 3 devices/volumes (unix, Linux, notes) and the
one staging policy. This staging policy is set to stage from all 3 devices.

So if the staging policy just "sees" save sets that exist somewhere under the
filesystem then it should work as I expect.
However, if it "sees" and treats save sets differently under each volume then I
can see a problem.

I'm not sure about automating the staging. The thresholds are tight so I would
need to look for some patterns before I looked at doing this manually.

When you say that you do not use staging bu cloning, do you use nsrstage -S
ssid/cloneid  or do you actually clone and then delete the save sets?