Networker

[Networker] Did anybody successfully implement REAR with NW?

2013-05-03 01:11:05
Subject: [Networker] Did anybody successfully implement REAR with NW?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 22:05:40 -0700
REAR (Relax and Recover, relax-and-recover.org) is a free Linux tool which is
specialized for BMR recoveries only.
For a full DR you need to care about the NW backup as well.

My specific question is whether there is experience in the field what exactly
to include in the backup to prepare the system that NW can be installed after
the DR. As you know NW can not be installed due to missing dependencies like
the old X11 compatibility stuff.

Any experience is appreciated. Thanks in advance.