Networker

[Networker] Bootstrap Recovery Issue

2013-04-26 08:05:37
Subject: [Networker] Bootstrap Recovery Issue
From: Div Prakash <divprakash83 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 20:01:28 +0800
Hi All,

Just want to get some idea on the issue which i am facing during a
bootstrap recovery on seperate DR networker server.

Below are the few information about the enviornment:
Networker Server 7.6.2
OS: MS Windows 2008 SP2 32 Bit

   - Performing a networker DR recovery on another fresh Windows2008 R2
   server located at DR site. It’s a networker server DR recovery only onto
   another host without doing any Windows DR or system state recovery.
   - Since we are not using the DNS for name resolution we set the same
   hostname of DR server as the source backup server.
   - I have installed the networker on the same location “D:” drive as the
   source server since mmrecov is recovering the resource database as the
   source server path location on DR server.
   - While running mmrecov we are not getting any errors or any other
   issue, also we are able to get the media database (Volumes/Savesets)
   successfully.

However when i tried to rename the resource database folder res.R with res
and bring up the services of netwroker unfortunetaily it cant come up. No
error logs in deamon.raw file or in event viewer. Services and proccesses
are seems running fine. But when i tired to connect with nsrwatch/nsradmin
and NMC all says Networker Server not avaiablel:

39078:nsradmin: RPC error: Program not registered
There does not appear to be a NetWorker server running on Networekr Server.
*** Server Networekr Server  is unavailable: Program not registered

I am sure there will experts who have faced this issue and resovled it.
Please suggest your views if I am missing anything here.

Thanks & Regards
Div Prakash