Networker

Re: [Networker] Media type for LTO3?

2013-04-25 12:51:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media type for LTO3?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:43:11 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Media type for LTO3?, Michael Leone said (at...:

I need to scan a LTO-3 tape, in a LTO-4 driver. I can't seem to find what
type I should specify on the scanner command (-t) to indicate that the
tape type is not the same as the drive type. Would it be "LTO Ultrium-3"?
I can't seem to find anything definite. (I assume I need to enclose that
type in quotes, since there are spaces in it)

That is correct.  We have LTO3 in our current library, and the volume
type is defined as "LTO Ultrium-3".

However, if you're not planning on writing to this tape, you would do no
harm in using "LTO Ultrium-4" when scanning.

Tim
edu