Networker

[Networker] Scanner -im on large number of tape.

2013-04-25 12:23:35
Subject: [Networker] Scanner -im on large number of tape.
From: maol <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:49:04 -0700
Hi,

  i'm migrating my NetWorker server to hp-ux enviroment to a windows
enviroment, so the only way to port the media and the index database in the new
server is to do "scanner -im" on all my olt tape.

There is a best practice to do this? i've tried to script this proceture but
i've encountred some error:

1- when the scanner finish read a tape ask to inser the next tape of the
unfinished savesets instead of exit an return the prompt.

2- while scannig some tapes i receive the following errors:

    8829:scanner: (ssid 3764450080) index error, store failed
    The operation completed successfully.
    83622:scanner: (ssid 3764450080) index error, cannot continue. Aborting
    83623:scanner: (ssid 3764450080) index error, failed to store index records

    8831:scanner: (ssid 3764450080) error decoding save stream
    8767:scanner: write failed, Broken pipe

3- if i launch more than one scan at the same time (using different drives) i
receive some "already open file" error.

At the end, there is a way for scan automatically a big number of tapes and to
do this by using several devices at the same time?

Lorenzo