Networker

[Networker] vss system fileset and oem*.inf files

2013-04-25 12:23:28
Subject: [Networker] vss system fileset and oem*.inf files
From: tomatthe <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 07:51:19 -0700
Having an issue backing up a few Windows machines that keep getting these
errors.

* machinename.a.b:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of output.
* machinename.a.b:VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ System Writer - Error saving file path
C:\windows\inf\oem14.inf that is associated with Shadow Copy path
\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25\windows\inf\oem14.inf. The
system cannot find the file specified.

It was originally asking for oem13.inf, but after searching a bit the best
recommendation I found was to create an empty file with that name and see if it
worked.  Well it cleared the oem13.inf error, but networker just moving to
oem14.inf.

Running Networker 7.6.5 on the server with client version 7.5.3 build 514
however I've got another machine with the same errors running 8.0.0.1