Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems access server from NMC after crash - not in administrator's list - MORE

2013-04-20 13:31:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems access server from NMC after crash - not in administrator's list - MORE
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:23:57 -0400
> Followup: based on further searches, I found this:
>
> D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\res>nsradmin -p nsrexec
> NetWorker administration program.
> Use the "help" command for help.
> nsradmin> . type: nsrla
> Current query set
> nsradmin> show administrator
> nsradmin> print
>                administrator: \
> "group=Administrators,host=admnman004.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov",
>                               "group=Administrators,host=localhost",
>  "isroot,host=DCTRMAN008.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov",
>
> The NMC host is in that list (DCTRMAN008).

And I see this:

C:\Documents and Settings\servadmin>nsrjb
39078:nsrjb: RAP error: No jukeboxes are currently usable.

Yet:

D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin>inquire
Incorrect function.

[email protected]:HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-C10N 2.00|CD-ROM
[email protected]:OVERLANDNEO Series      0616|Autochanger (Jukebox),
\\.\Changer0
                                           S/N: 2B73000023
                                           ATNN=OVERLANDNEO Series
2B73000023
                                           IENN=00900D0715B40017

So there is a jukebox, no idea why NW suddenly thinks there isn't.

Still no call back from Tech Support, almost (not quite) an hour later.
But they are still within their time window. (You'd think that, after
telling them how badly they mis-handled my call yesterday, and how unhappy
a customer I was because of it, they might have made sure I got a call
promptly ...)