Networker

Re: [Networker] Migration

2013-04-05 03:07:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migration
From: Andrew Martin <Andrew.Martin AT SYMSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 07:01:47 +0000
We would recommend that you bond the eth ports and drop a new dedicated switch
between the old DD and the new and then setup replication and migrate, in the
past we have installed 10g cards for migration and it might also be worth
performing some house-keeping before you do this.  As an example, remove old,
incomplete,, suspect savesets and run nsrim -XM on the NW server then start a
DD clean. It might save a few hours of replication time.

Regards