Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC won't open

2013-03-29 11:28:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC won't open
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:21:50 +0300
Are you sure you run on a supported platform for NMC ? For example, NMC is only supported on RHEL 5 and not on RHEL 6.

On 03/27/2013 10:03 PM, Teresa Biehler wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm stumped, but I'm  hoping someone has seen this before.

We currently have two NetWorker servers up and running - one at v7.6.1.6 and
one at v7.6.4.4.  This morning I successfully connected to both - via XP
(v7.6.1.6) and mac (7.6.4.4).  About noon, I went to go check something in the
7.6.4.4 version, it froze.  I needed to do a force quit (something I've done
before without causing problems).  Now, the NMC will no longer open.  I've
tried accessing it on my mac and on my XP box.  I get as far as entering a
password but the GUI never displays.  That I have found, it is not writing any
errors to the logs.  Also, a co-worker is in the same boat - neither of us can
open the NMC on the v7.6.4.4 environment.

I have restarted gst, cleared my system's java cache, rebooting my system (both
XP and mac) and nothing hasn't made a difference.  Anyone have any ideas?  I
can do some things command line, but not everything.

Thanks.
Teresa

Teresa Biehler
Information and Technology Services
Rochester Institute of Technology
teresa.biehler AT rit DOT edu<mailto:teresa.biehler AT rit DOT edu>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.

--

-- Yaron.