Networker

[Networker] CommVault

2013-03-18 14:11:39
Subject: [Networker] CommVault
From: robertswm <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:15:21 -0700
Dave

We have used CommVault for over 10 years now, to protect our IaaS environment.
When we made the decision to it came down to Networker, and CommVault.  We
choose CommVault as it provided a single tool set for Backup, Archive,
Compliance, Storage Integration, and Reporting.  We have used CommVault to
protect Thousands of serves, application, and Data sets, it has also allowed us
to get ride of tape, and move forward on Disk to Disk, without a Hardware
Appliances.

Usability of a product is important, but look at the other infrastructure
needed to achieve the same thing that CommVault can do with just servers.
Inline and Client side dedupe, Aux copies offsite with Network aware Copies,
VMware Integration, Storage Snapshot integration for off network Backups, and
Cloud storage integrations to allow for off site copies.

I would get CommVault to demo the product.

Good luck,

Bill Roberts