Networker

[Networker] nsrclone advice needed

2013-03-18 10:56:23
Subject: [Networker] nsrclone advice needed
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:49:07 -0400
I need to do something I've never done before. I have a tape (it holds
bootstrap and client file index (CFI) information). I want to make a clone
of this entire tape, and keep it onsite, and send the original offsite.
I've cloned specific savesets before, but to any available tape in a pool.
 In this case, I want to clone the tape to a specific volume (in a
specific pool). So I want:

nsrclone <source volume> <target volume>

Now, the target volume will be in the same pool as the source, but I don't
see an option to specify a specific volume as target. I see, from looking
at the Command reference. I don't want the nsrclone command to start
cloning onto just any other tape in the pool; I want it on a specific
tape. And I can't seem to figure out how to do that, from reading the
command line references.

nsrclone -b "Bootstrap" <source volume>

Seems like it would clone all of the contents of <source volume> to
another tape in the "Bootstrap" pool, which is good. But how to specify a
specific volume? I suppose I could make sure there are no other volumes of
that pool in the library when I issue the command, but there should be a
way to specify what I want (I think).

Clues, anyone?

--
Michael Leone