Networker

Re: [Networker] Why isn't this saveset browsable

2013-03-13 10:52:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why isn't this saveset browsable
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:46:06 -0400
> I might be stating the obvious here but run an
> nsrck -L6 clientname.
> Then check the index again.

I am re-scanning that tape again, so when it is done, I will try that.

> Has the index directory structure been filled with any meaningful data?

No. There is nothing in the "db6" subfolder under the client index
directory.

Makes me wonder if my corruption problems over the weekend are more severe
than I thought ... yet I did other recovers yesterday (from completely
different clients), and that all worked ...

Keep in mind that this is not a "real" client. There's no machine with
this name anywhere on my LAN. I created host entries with this name, and
unused private addresses (I like using 10.254.253.xx, personally). I try
and always create a host entry and unused address like this, for any
clients I am retiring, as well as keeping a list of all client IDs, so I
can re-create the old and now non-existent clients (with slightly
different names, such as "Old-Client") for doing recovers, like this.