Networker

Re: [Networker] Power failure and DB corruption

2013-03-11 13:50:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Power failure and DB corruption
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT newtech DOT fi>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:43:23 +0200
On Monday 11 March 2013 09:21:32 Michael Leone wrote:

> CRASH. Everything came down hard.  Luckily (?)  the mains kicked in right
> around then. And it took so long for the main network switch to come up,
> that DNS resolution was failing (among other things). So NW assigned new
> client IDs to it's clients. And (apparently) purged a lot of histiory
> while it was at it, since my log and index drive went from 8G free to 85G
> free ...

Think your analyzis of the failure is not quite right...

Why would Networker assign new Client ID:s because of a DNS failure?
He will in my opinion never really change those.

Could it be that you use NTP and the Networker time was something far
in the future instead?
That would for sure expire savesets.

Best
Dag