Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving NMC database

2013-03-07 15:40:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving NMC database
From: "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 20:29:14 +0000
Dave,

You can move the NMC database, as long as you move it to a supported platform.
Of course, make sure NMC is shut down when you do the move. Also, I suggest you
consider moving your NMC database to a different server than the one you intend
to use for your NetWorker server. Best practice, according to EMC is to avoid
running NMC on your NetWorker server if possible. Fortunately, NMC is a fairly
lightweight package so if you have a VMware complex available, you can create a
VM for it and run it there. That's how I run NMC here (on a separate Linux VM)
and it works well.