Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 8 Advancement

2013-03-05 23:38:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 8 Advancement
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:37:38 +1000
Hi Tim,

A quick example, one of our groups that backs up the bulk of our fileservers,
both of these examples are running a full backup

Running Networker 7.6.x - client to storage node (running DDBoost) to Data
Domain
                took from Friday Evening@ 23:00  thru to Monday afternoon @
15:45 - about 2 days 15 hours

Running Networker 8.0.0.x - client to Data Domain (using client Direct)
                took from Friday Evening @ 23:00 thru to Sunday morning @ 06:50
- about 1 day 7 hours

We upgraded to Networker 8 in late January, and looking at some graphs for
CPU/RAM and Network utilization we are seeing  an increase in CPU and RAM
(fairly minor mainly higher peaks)  and a decrease network utilization (fairly
dramatic, again peaks are a lot lower, used to peak at 200Mbs for weekly
differentials, now it doesn't seem to get much over 50Mbs) , which is pretty
much what you would expect - I'd attach the graphs, but they get blocked by the
list, if you want I can send them to you directly

I can try and get you some more specific information if you need it

Mat