Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap reports, what do you do?

2013-02-27 19:05:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap reports, what do you do?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:57:27 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Bootstrap reports, what do you do?, Vygur said...:

I'm looking to see what others do with their boot strap reports?  I know
some will print a hard copy (send it offsite with tape media), send to
external email (but not so great if your company doesn't like the idea
of 3rd parties... even though no company info is in it).

Convince your management chain that there is absolutely nothing secret
or strategic in your bootstrap report, and get them to allow you to
email or otherwise store an electronic copy offsite.  Encrypt it if you
must, but get it offsite.

If your company has any services hosted "in the cloud", you're already
exposing more strategic company data to an external entity than you
ever would with your bootstrap.

Tim
edu