Networker

[Networker] Want to re-use client id, but made an error with it

2013-02-20 11:53:47
Subject: [Networker] Want to re-use client id, but made an error with it
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:41:08 -0500
So I screwed up, somewhat. I have a client that I wanted to rename (as the
physical client was renamed). So I saved the client id, and deleted the
client entry in NMC. Then I created a new client, with the new name, and
wanted to re-use the same client id. That would keep all the history of
that client. But I inadvertently hit OK, and so it created the new name,
with a new client ID.

And now, even deleting that newly named client, I can't create a client
entry with the new name and the old client id, because NW is finding the
new name with the new client ID.

So how can I go about creating a NW client with the new name and the old
client id, if NW thinks there is already a client with that name with a
completely different client ID?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM