Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo for getting tapes 4 months old?

2013-02-05 18:39:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo for getting tapes 4 months old?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 17:38:44 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] mminfo for getting tapes 4 months old?, Vygur...:

Unfortunately, I am wanting this to be something I run every day at the
beginning of the week.  We're implementing a process here where all of
our tapes are sent offsite, customer requires us to keep at least 4
months worth on site- when the "onsite" retention completes, we want to
send it off site... We're working on increasing our online storage to
get "completely" away from tapes (non long term storage)...

I've re-read this thread, and I don't understand your original premise.

Why won't

        mminfo -q 'savetime<4 months ago,near,full,!volrecycle' -r volume

work for you?  Isn't that more or less what you want?  Or, would

        mminfo -q 'savetime<16 weeks ago,savetime>17 weeks ago' -r volume

work (potentially with some of the other limiters like near, full, etc.)?

Aaron made several good points in his response, I recommend you consider
all of them.  In addition to what he indicated, you probably don't want to
off-site volumes that aren't full or volumes that are recyclable.

Also, keep in mind that this is selecting tapes that have *at least one*
saveset that meets the criteria.  It doesn't guarantee that *all* savesets
on the tape meet that criteria.

You may also want to consider looking at either volaccess or more
likely volretent in your query.  Neither are exactly what you want,
but one or the other might work for you.

Tim
edu