Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar

2013-02-01 10:49:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:47:50 -0500
You can find the size of the saveset with either MMINFO or NMC.  If you run
a report on the saveset ID with MMINFO using the '-S' command line
arguement, you will get several fields regarding deduplication.  I am not
able to run the command right now, but I believe the fields you are looking
for are:
- Data Protected = The total size of the saveset if a full backup were
performed.
- Data Backed up = The amount of data protected for that specific backup.
 This should be similar in size to an traditional incremental backup.

There is a third field, which I can't remember right now, that is something
like "data written."  This is the amount of data actually stored on the
Avamar storage after deduplication.  All of these fields also exist in NMC
in the Deduplication section under Reports.