Networker

[Networker] Update an existing media database

2013-01-28 18:00:31
Subject: [Networker] Update an existing media database
From: falloutsam <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:59:57 -0800
Hi everybody,

I have 2 sites :
-Primary site (PR) with 1 VTL and 1 networker server.
-disaster recovery site (DR) with 1 VTL, 1 networker server and 1 physical
jukebox.

PR VTL are replicated to DR VTL with a 1Gb ethernet link.
DR networker are connected to DR VTL but networker cannot read replicated tapes
and displays the message for each tape "not in media database".
I need to clone VTL tapes to physical tapes with DR networker.
Of course I can scan each tape but it's too long and i have to do it all days.

I want  to update an existing DR media database with only VTL tape (I need to
keep physical tapes in the media database) but it's not possible with mmrecov.
mmrecov restore the media database but delete all existing media.
Of course DR jukebox cannot be move to primary site and DR jukebox can not be
connect to PR networker.
for example Data protector can export each tape index in a file and import the
file.
Networker are not able to do it...

any idea ?
Thank you.